You can quickly leave this website by clicking the “EXIT SITE” in the top right or by pressing the Escape key.
To browse this site safely, be sure to regularly clear your browser history.
The Elder Abuse Helpline for Concerned Persons at the New York City Elder Abuse Center/Weill Cornell Medicine provides confidential supportive counseling, education, guidance, and referrals to the family, friends, and neighbors of New York State-residing elder abuse victims. Family, friends, and neighbors are 18+ years of age and live anywhere in the world. The older adult they are worried about is 60+ years of age and lives in New York State. The primary purpose of the Helpline is to support the family, friend, or neighbor – who often experiences worry and distress and does not know what to do - while connecting them with professionals who can assist the elder abuse victim.
How to Access Helpline:
1. Dial 844-746-6905 any time of the day or night to provide your contact info, with no details about the abuse
2. In an emergency, call 911 first
3. Helpline Clinician returns call within two business days. Helpline Clinicians provide support Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
4. If email is preferable, email email@example.com
5. Read more at www.nyceac.org
What to Expect:
• Supportive counseling to ease uncertainty, anxiety, stress
• Discussion of concerns and needs
• Education about elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation
• Help planning next steps
• Referrals tailored to the individual situation
The Helpline is made possible with funding from the New York State Office for Victim Services. Helpline services are provided throughout New York State by experienced, culturally competent, compassionate Helpline teams at New York City Elder Abuse Center and the Upstate Elder Abuse Center at Lifespan.